City Council Meeting Minutes April 12, 2023
Nerstrand City Council met for their regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 7:00p.m. Those in attendance in person were Council Members Carrie Turi, Dan Pfleger, Jennifer Schwab, and Mayor Todd Evavold. Other people in attendance were, Public Works Director, Steve McDowell, City Clerk, Dana Jans, and 3 residents. Councilor John Harris, absent.
Councilpersons, Turi, Pfleger, Schwab and Mayor Evavold present.
Approval of Agenda
-Motion to accept the agenda with the removal of the complaint on 2nd Street N and the addition of Bingo application, Garden plots, and Fire Department hosting a Chili Feed on May 20th by Councilor Schwab, second by Councilor Turi, motion passed unanimously.
-Motion to accept all consent items by Councilor Turi, second by Councilor Schwab, motion passed unanimously.
- Motion by Councilor Schwab to require liability insurance at the time bids are submitted, second by Councilor Pfleger, motion passed unanimously.
- Nerstrand Fire and Rescue will be hosting a Chili Feed and Bingo event on May 20th. Proceeds to go to Nerstrand Elementary School and Nerstrand Fire and Rescue. Motion by Councilor Turi to approve the Nerstrand Fire and Rescue to submit bingo licensing documentation to the appropriate agency, second by Councilor Pfleger, motion passed unanimously.
- Nerstrand Elementary School requested to have two garden plots donated. Motion by Councilor Schwab to donate the plots, second by Councilor Pfleger, motion passed unanimously.
- Bond discussion, second story, tuck-pointing, paving of Farm Street and Fire Hall. Bids received add up to approximately $225,000.00. Motion by Councilor Schwab to sign agreement with Northland Securities to start the process which includes a public hearing, second by Councilor Turi, motion passed unanimously.
- Survey bid received for the land swap of Farm St and section of 3rd Street N. Motion by Councilor Schwab, seconded by Councilor Pfleger, motion passed unanimously.
- Fire Chief Johnson attended Warsaw Township meeting. Warsaw Board asked if Nerstrand Fire and Rescue would like more area to cover. Chief Johnson sent a map to Warsaw Board showing 5 miles around the Nerstrand Fire Hall located in Dennison. Motion by Councilor Schwab to allow a change in service area if Warsaw and Nerstrand Fire and Rescue reach an agreement, second by Councilor Turi, motion passed unanimously.
Motion by Councilor Schwab second by Councilor Turi to adjourn the meeting, motion passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by;
Nerstrand City Clerk
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here